Extractive text summarization is to select sentences from text content to represent the topic of the text:
-  Xiaoping Sun and Hai Zhuge, "Automatic Generation of Survey Paper Based on Template Tree," in 2019 15th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids (SKG), pp. 89-96: IEEE, 2019.
-  Xiaoping Sun and Hai Zhuge, "Summarization of scientific paper through reinforcement ranking on Semantic Link Network," IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 40611-40625, 2018.
-  J. Tian, M. Cao, J. Liu, Xiaoping Sun, and Hai Zhuge, "Sentence ranking with the semantic link network in scientific paper," in 2015 11th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids (SKG), pp. 73-80: IEEE, 2015.
Ranking nodes of graph is important for finding important nodes like researchers in citation networks.
-  Xiaorui Jiang, Xiaoping Sun, Z. Yang, Hai Zhuge, and J. Yao, "Exploiting heterogeneous scientific literature networks to combat ranking bias: Evidence from the computational linguistics area," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 1679-1702, 2016.
-  Xiaorui Jiang, Xiaoping Sun, and Hai Zhuge, "Graph-based algorithms for ranking researchers: not all swans are white!," Scientometrics, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 743-759, 2013.
-  Xiaorui Jiang, Xiaoping Sun, and Hai Zhuge, "Towards an effective and unbiased ranking of scientific literature through mutual reinforcement," in Proceedings of the 21st ACM international conference on Information and knowledge management (CIKM 2012), pp. 714-723, 2012.
Topic modelling is to find topics from data, so that data can be accessed through topic query.
-  Li Zhang, Xiaoping Sun, and Hai Zhuge, "Topic discovery of clusters from documents with geographical location," Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 27, no. 15, pp. 4015-4038, 2015.
-  Li Zhang, Xiaoping Sun, and Hai Zhuge, "Location-driven geographical topic discovery," in 2013 ninth international conference on semantics, knowledge and grids, pp. 210-213: IEEE, 2013.
-  Xiaorui Jiang, Xiaoping Sun, and Hai Zhuge, "Are School-of-thought Words Characterizable?," in Proceedings of the 51st Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics(ACL 2013) (Volume 2: Short Papers), pp. 822-828, 2013.
How complex network are forming and evolving is a key scientific challenge.
-  Xiaoping Sun and Hai Zhuge, "Modeling and navigation of social information networks in metric spaces," World Wide Web, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 649-670, 2014.
-  Xiaoping Sun, "Evaluating structure of complex networks by navigation entropy," in 2012 Eighth International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids, pp. 229-232: IEEE, 2012.
-  Xiaoping Sun and Hai Zhuge, "Merging complex networks," in 2011 Seventh International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids, pp. 233-236: IEEE, 2011.
Distributed Data Management
How to leverage P2P networks to develope scalabel distributed data management including storage, indexing and querying.
-  Hai Zhuge, Xiaoping Sun, "A Virtual Ring Method for Building Small-World Structured P2P Overlays". IEEE Transaction on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol.20, no.12, pp: 1712-1725, 2008.
-  Hai Zhuge, Xiaoping Sun, Jie Liu, Erlin Yao, Xue Chen, "A Scalable P2P Platform for the Knowledge Grid", IEEE Transaction on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol.17,no.12, pp: 1721-1736 2005.
-  Hai Zhuge, Xue Chen, Xiaoping Sun, Erlin Yao, "HRing: A Structured P2P Overlay Based on Harmonic Series.", IEEE Transactions on Parallel Distributed Systems, vol.19,no.2, pp: 145-158 2008.
-  Hai Zhuge, Xue Chen, Xiaoping Sun, Preferential walk: towards efficient and scalable search in unstructured peer-to-peer networks. Proceedigns of WWW 2005 (Special interest tracks and posters), pp: 882-883, 2005.
-  SCAN: a small-world structured p2p overlay for multi-dimensional queries. Proceedings of WWW 2007, pp:1191-1192, 2007.
-  Xiaoping Sun, Xue Chen:
SRing: a structured non dht p2p overlay supporting string range queries. Proceedings of WWW 2007, pp:1193-1194, 2007.